Thursday, April 4, 2013

Africa

Following my tradition of misleading post-names aimed at trolling any readers who aren't paying attention: here are a few images from my LAST TRIP TO AFRICA.

Well, now that this nonsense is out of the way, here are a few images that try to convey an actual safari in Africa. Well, not really. The cover to the left looks a lot more wild than the original image, with some Ramat Gan buildings removed in photoshop...


Thanks goes out to Eli Shalev which got us the 'behind the scenes' safari...







First off here are a couple of shots from the entrance to the safari. Hard to believe this is five minutes from the highway.



Driving through the Savannah...


An ostrich has learned that passing cars are a source of snacks. It was quite disappointed, and very nearly took a bite out of my lens.








Backstage passes to the giraffe pen. They have really long and freaky tongues...


The long afternoon shadow...


Hanging around...


And these are my favorite shots of the day. Again, got to see them training the tigress from up close, using a longer lens (105 of course) I got tons of details on her face, not to mention a whole bunch of expressions.


Kind of like other people I know, she didn't really appreciate having a camera up in her face. As you can see, she gave me some pretty nasty stares.


Then there is the zebra on the way out, which also seemed to be waiting for snack drive through.




No safari is complete without some lions. The males playing around.


...and the females look down at them disdainfully from the perch...


Thanks again to Eli for getting us the passes and to Keren for taking me to the safari without telling me where we are going (but still insisted I take all my lenses nonetheless).


For a whole other bunch of photos go to my facebook page.







No comments:

Post a Comment