Wednesday, May 7, 2014

End of the Dry Spell

After six months of being busy with work I've decided to get back to blogging. It has given me motivation to keep shooting, and I hope it will again. 

I do want to change the format a little bit, going into shorter posts with less text. Perhaps I will also dedicate posts to specific technical stuff. We'll see how it goes. Oh, and also, I am trying out this bilingual thing. 


אחרי חצי שנה של להיות עסוק בעבודה החלטתי לחזור לבלוג. בעבר הוא נתן לי מוטיבציה להמשיך לצלם, אני מקווה שגם עכשיו. 

אני גם רוצה לשנות קצת את הפורמט, לעבור לפוסטים קצרים יותר עם פחות טקסט. יכול להיות שגם אקדיש פוסטים לדברים יותר טכניים. נראה איך זה יילך. אה וגם אני מנסה לראות איך זה בשתי שפות. 




May 7th should already be summer, but the heat broke into thunderstorms and rain. I just got home and grabbed my gear (and a large umbrella). Here are the results:


השביעי למאי כבר אמור להיות קיץ, אבל השרב נשבר על ידי סופת רעמים וגשם. בדיוק הגעתי הבייתה, תפסתי את הציוד (ומטרייה ענקית) ויצאתי לצלם. הנה התוצאות: 


30 seconds, f/11 ISO 100, 12mm with my Tokkina Ultra Wide

I went out to the fields near my apartment and set up a tripod, cable release and wide angle lens (to get as much effective area as possible).


יצאתי לשדות ליד הבית והצבתי חצובה, שלט על כבל ועדשה רחבה (כדי לתפוס כמה שיותר שטח של שמיים). 

10 seconds, f/11, ISO 100, 11mm 


For the above image I turned the color temperature way up (in post). 

בתמונה מעל העליתי (בעריכה) את הטמפרטורה של התמונה. 

10 seconds, f/11, ISO 100, 16mm


At some point I switched to 16 mm to get a little bit more magnification. Still caught some lightnings. 

The trick to photographing lightning is to set up a tripod and a cable release, set the camera to small-medium aperture (f/8-f/16) and long exposures (10-30 seconds), and lock the release to repeat-fire. You get hundreds of fairly dark photos, but eventually a lightning will happen within your exposure. 

בשלב מסויים עברתי ל 16 ממ כדי לקבל טיפה יותר הגדלה. עדיין תפסתי כמה ברקים. 

 הטריק בצילום ברקים הוא לשים חצובה ושלט על כבל, לשים צמצם קטן-בינוני (8-16), חשיפה ארוכה (10-30 שניות) ולנעול את השלט על צילום רציף. תקבל מאות תמונות דיי חשוכות, אבל בסופו של דבר תתפוס ברק תוך כדי אחת החשיפות. 

10 seconds, f/11, ISO 100, 16mm. Three photo composite. 

This shot is actually composed of three photos, with different lightnings at different parts of the image. 

התמונה הזאת מורכבת משלוש תמונות נפרדות, עם שלושה ברקים במקומות שונים שהורכבו יחד. 


Last image to go:
תמונה אחרונה לסיום:







No comments:

Post a Comment